Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Short Trial Run

Last night I went on a relatively short dinner ride to sort of get my back end into riding shape. We only rode about 90 miles but I learned two valuable lessons. First, I don't like riding into the setting sun and second, I don't like riding in a group at night...especially on country roads.

However, we had a good dinner in a little town named New Baden and all returned home safe and sound. I will most likely spend the next two weekends getting everything gathered together and fix anything on the bike that needs fixing.

I attempted to have the local Kawasaki dealer install a set of risers but their parts guy apparently does not know how to surf the internet very well. After about 30 minutes of searching, I gave up and went home. There I pulled out my trusty J&P Metric catagog and within 5 minutes had found two different styles of risers that are made specifically for my motorcycle. I guess it's true what they say...it's hard to get good help.

No comments:

Post a Comment