Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Sunday, May 16, 2010

One week to go

Well, I think I've just about kicked my pneumonia...at least that's what the doctor said he thought I had...so I will concentrate on regaining my strength during the week to come. I'll also start working on my packing checklist...or should I say checklists. If you've never made a long motorcycle trip, you'll quickly find that there's no shortage of suggestions out there on the internet. Some lists are designed for camping, some are bare bones and some, I think, are made by people who plan to pull a trailer behind their bike.

My list will be a composite of all of these, minus the sleeping bags and camping gear...although I'm not convinced I shouldn't take those items just in case finding a hotel room at the last minute turns out to be impossible. However, I have been assured by those who made the trip last year that finding hotel rooms along the way is not an impossible task. Finding a hotel that meets everyone's idea of the right price and the right quality will definitely be a challenge. If the bed is clean and there's not big roaches...actually, I don't like little ones either...running across the floor, I'll probably be fine.

I made the reservations in the Washington D.C. area so I'm relatively sure that I'll at least have 2-3 nights of rest. Now if I can just get my motorcycle into the shop sometime this week to get the oil changed and have it checked out for a 3,000 mile trip, I'll be good to go by Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment