Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Friday, May 21, 2010

Almost ready

Only 3 more days before I hit the road. The motorcycle is in the shop getting the once over...probably cost me $200-$300 at least. At least I'll be fairly certain I won't be the one having mechanical problems. Of course, I have had two incidents involving loose wires in the fuel control system...hard to find and even harder to get to.

I plan to use Saturday to get organized and do some minor modifications to the bike. I have a run-stop license plate holder installed but it was never hooked up. In addition, I'm going to try installing some running lights I purchased at Wal-Mart last night. I'm too cheap to purchase the PIAA lights that cost in the neighborhood of $300. If they don't work, I'm only out a few dollars...besides the running lights can be installed on another vehicle.

I've also provided Sharon with a summary of our finances...bank account numbers, passwords, insurance information and other benefit information...should anything happen. Not something you want to dwell upon, but something you should always prepare for. By the way, my will is current.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment