Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Alaskan Cruise-Day 6







August 5, Day 6, finds the Jacksons at sea, headed towards Victoria, British Columbia. We shoved off from Skagway, Alaska about 6pm last night…after an hour of trying to find some missing passengers…and began our journey south. We were in the inside passage for a short distance and then exited into the Northern Pacific Ocean to make better time to our next stop. While we were still in the Inside Passage, the fog became very heavy and around midnight the ship’s foghorn went off. I stepped out on to the balcony to see if I could see any other ships but the fog was too thick. Well, we must have missed them because we’re still here and making good time on the open seas.

We slept in a bit this morning…some more than others…and went up to breakfast around 9:30. I had a little too much to eat so decided to skip lunch. Sharon and I went to a seminar on acupuncture at 10:15 and ended up getting a consultation at 12:00 after which I had a treatment. It was very interesting, to say the least. I’m scheduled for another session in the morning but I may change my mind about the follow up.

The afternoon was relaxing. Sharon read out on the balcony and I watched TV. Sharon also had an acupuncture consult at 5:30 and after that we met for dinner in the Savoy Dining Room…sounds pretty swank but it was about the same as the last two nights. Sharon had beef medallions and I had lobster and sea prawns. Of course, as usual, we had dessert…Princess Love Boat Dream for Sharon and I had Baked Alaska.

Following dinner we went to another show in the Princess Theater...Do You Wanna Dance? was the title. It was put on by the ship's cast and was pretty good. Following the show, we made our way back to the cabin and watched the sun set over the Pacific Ocean behind us.

Tomorrow will be another day at sea, arriving in Victoria…our last port of call…around 7pm. We’re scheduled for a tour of the city almost immediately. Before we leave the ship we’re supposed to put our bags in the hall so it looks like we’ll be packing up in the afternoon. Hope we can get everything back in…I’ll let you know tomorrow night how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment