Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Saturday, April 1, 2017

Harley Owners Group Training - Day 4

Day 2 of the actual training started with breakfast at 8:00am and a short General Session.  Following that we split up and went to sessions we didn't go to the first day.  As with the first day, we enjoyed the sessions very much and I believe each of us learned a thing or two.

In each session, the instructors would try to prevent members from the same chapter from sitting together.  They wanted to encourage the sharing of ideas.  I think it went pretty well.

Being the last day of training, the last session of the day was extra special with the Vice President for the Harley Davidson Museum the special guest speaker.  As you can see from the picture, he's a Davidson, directly related to the founders of Harley Davidson. 

We finished the day about 4:00pm...too early for dinner...so we all retired to our rooms for a little rest.  We planned to walk a couple of blocks over from the hotel to the Brazilian Steak House .

At the appointed time, most of the group met in the lobby and headed to the restaurant.  When we arrived, we quickly learned that it would be at least an hour wait so we decided to try a pizza place we had seen on the way over.

The sign said New York style pizza...whatever that means.  We were seated in what reminded me of a college town hangout.  After deciding what looked good, I chose to order a special...two slices and a soda.  I chose one of their specialties for one slice and the other was simply Canadian bacon and pineapple.

As the picture below shows, the special slice of pizza, called "Upstate" had a lot of meat...meatballs, Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon and Salami.  I thought I would probably have indigestion the rest of the night, but it didn't happen.  By the way, the pizza was delicious.

Following dinner, we went back to the hotel and most of us loaded some of our stuff into the motorcycles so that there wouldn't be any delay at 6:00am in the morning...our estimated time of departure from Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment