Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Sunday, September 25, 2011

Road Trip 3.3

     Saturday started early for me as I decided to head to the dealership on the western edge of Fort Worth.  My plan was to be sitting in the parking lot when they opened at 8am and be back at the hotel to pick up Sharon at 8:45am.

    My part of the plan worked to perfection.  I left the hotel at 7:15, which I figured would give me a few minutes to eat breakfast once I arrived in the area.  I found a Whataburger and ordered a breakfast platter...either I wasn't hungry or it wasn't very good because I didn't eat much of it.  After breakfast, I drove over to the dealership and pulled up in front at 8:02!  After waiting a couple of minutes, I went in, found the place to get my passport stamped and was back on the road by 8:15.  A 25 minute drive would get me back in plenty of time.  Sharon was going to be very proud of me for being on time.

     As I neared the hotel, I called Sharon to tell her I was about to pull up outside.  She informed me that she needed 10 minute more before she was ready so I decided to park in the lot.  When I pulled in I realized that there was an afternoon game at The Ballpark and control of the parking areas had already begun.  After explaining my problem to the attendant, he directed me to the correct lot.

    I went up to the room and helped Sharon finish packing and then she headed to checkout while I went for the car.  I pulled around to the circular driveway in front to wait...which I did, for a long time.  Finally, I put my flashers on and went in to find her still at the desk trying to check out.  Seems their computer had messed up during the night so no one received a bill.  In addition, her bill was messed up.  And to make everything worse, they only had one person working the desk...that makes me angry!

    We pulled away from the hotel about 9:30...an hour later than we had wanted...and headed to Plano as fast as we could.  Fortunately, the traffic gods were smiling on us and we arrived at the hospital about 40 minutes later.

     On the way over, I had mentioned to Sharon that there was one more dealership...not too far from Plano...that I might try to get to if she thought it wouldn't be a problem...to which she said, why not?  About 11am, I excused myself and headed to Corinth...25 miles away.  I got on the tollroad, only 3 blocks or so from the hotel, and then merged onto I-35 headed north.  Traffic was beginning to get heavy as people began to get out and about. 

     As usual, this newer dealership was on the interstate...easy to find...but coming from the south made getting there a little more difficult.  My GPS had me exit south of the place and then took me around behind, through neighborhoods, and back out to the access road.  After finally getting to the parking lot, my stay there was about as long as usual...10-15 minutes.

    The entire round trip was a little over an hour and I was hardly missed.  Now to be a good son and care-giver and spend a little time with my mother.  Earlier in the day we had a visit from the Cardiologist and she had cleared her to go to rehab so now all we had to do was get the final clearance from the other doctor...and make arrangements for the transfer.

     The Case Manager at the hospital came by to get some signatures and we talked about what needed to happen.   Now it was time to wait...which we were getting pretty good at.  We watched a little football on TV before I realized how late it was getting...I had a wedding to attend in Palmer.  Sharon had decided to stay at the hospital and coordinate the move to rehab so I left to go get changed.

     I left town a little after 2pm and arrived in Palmer about 3pm.  My GPS took me to the address of the church...which I had looked up on Google...and to my surprise there was no church to be found.  Palmer has a very small downtown so I figured I'd just drive around and find it without a problem...so much for figuring.  I drove around about 30 minutes...also using addresses provided by Julie...mother of the groom...and Courtney...I still couldn't find the church!

   By this time Courtney and family were approaching from the north and Cassidy was coming in from the south and they needed the correct address.  About the time I was giving up, I stumbled upon the church so I was able to call them both and give them directions.

   Luckily for all of us, the wedding didn't start on time and besides, our side of the family was the main attraction so they couldn't start without us, could they.  The wedding went well and we stayed for a short reception and to watch the newlyweds leave the church...then we hit the road home.

    We will head home on Sunday afternoon so no more road trips from the DFW area...looking now towards hitting a couple of dealerships in San Antonio on the way to Kingsville next Friday....standby for more.  Thanks for following along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment