Welcome

Come with me as I travel through this great country of ours...sometimes on the back of my motorcycle....sometimes not. Experience what I see, what I hear and what I smell.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Almost Time!

Only a few more days before I fly off to Florida and pick up the motorcycle. Sharon is still concerned about the security of buying a motorcycle via EBay. She keeps saying that the guys going to take my money and then my kidney. Silly girl. I'm not the least bit concerned...but we'll see.

Sometimes I do make mistakes trying to save a couple of bucks but when it's $2000-3000 bucks, it's worth the risk...although buying from a Platinum Dealer on EBay isn't much risk...I think it will be fine.

This weekend I will be trying to figure out what I can get into a bag I can carry on the airplane and still be able to secure it on the motorcycle. Fortunately, I don't think the temperature will be a factor except early in the mornings...when I'll wear a long sleeve t and maybe a light pullover. Of course, I need to take a rain suit. All this, plus a few necessities...shaving kit, book, computer, clean underwear, shirts, etc...will fit into a bag. My only question is will it fit into the overhead. After Sharon's bag got lost coming back from Miami, I'm a little leery to check it.

I'm also going to have a helmet bag. I figure I can stuff a few things inside the helmet, like gloves, maps, GPS...if I have one that works...and the like. Sharon said I can carry on two bags...one luggage and one personal. If the luggage bag fits into the overhead bin then I'm home free.

I hope to be able to take pictures and the computer and update the blog every night, but if space becomes a problem I may have to leave the computer at home and update the blog after I get home...that just won't be the same as making updates each evening but I guess I'll just have to wait and see when I start filling up the bag. I'm bad about stuffing the bag with just about anything I think I might need for the trip. The volume of the bag is usually the determining factor as to what I end up taking. In this case, the bag is relatively small...not near as large as the one I took to DC back in May. On that trip, everyone gave me a hard time for bringing everything, including the kitchen sink. I have to admit that I definitely had the biggest bag.

On this trip I will not be carrying the kitchen sink, nor a fraction of what I carried to DC, but then again, I'm not going to be gone nearly as long.

I hope everyone reading this is enjoying it. I'll be back with you on Monday night.

Pappa Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment